Red Flowered Blouse Transformed Into a Tie-Front Blouse

So of course I got excited and forgot to take apic of the blouse before I starting working with it. Waaa-wah!

Basically this was a hip-length sleeveless blouse that looked a bit dowdy. Not pass it along to grandma dowdy, but dowdy enough that I wasn’t going to be wearing it. This one was a really simple fix. I cut the back of the blouse all the way across to the side seams and then angled the cut down to the existing hemline at the front to create a tie-front blouse. After trying it on though I discovered that the ties weren’t long enough. No prob. I used the section I cut from the back to cut pieces to extend the ties. I also removed the interfacing at the front from the bottom button to the hemline so that the ties would be as “flowy” as possible.After stitching the pieces cut from the back to the existing front ties this one is ready to wear.

 

 

This entry was posted in clothing, Refashion by Kat. Bookmark the permalink.

About Kat

I started this blog to share with you all the results of years of turning trash into treasures. Hopefully I'll spark some new creative thoughts and if that happens I hope that you'll share your discoveries and together we’ll build a blog that will singlehandedly reduce global warming and save the world! Okay, maybe that’s a grand goal but we should be able to at least downsize our own trash output.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>